Accreditation and Membership
Accreditation is an important assurance of quality. Parents need to ask which organisations do the accreditation, what form the inspections take and how often they occur.
Who accredits ISD?
ISD is the only school in Düsseldorf that carries full accreditation by the Council of International Schools. The Council of International Schools (www.cois.org) is a worldwide organization responsible for some 500 schools. Of these, only 170 carry full accreditation. CIS accreditation compels a school to commit to a programme of continuous improvement.
ISD also is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (an U.S. accreditation).
Additionally, ISD is certified as “German Ersatzschule” by the State of North Rhine Westphalia.
ISD also is a member of many organisations:
- AGIS (Association of German International Schools)
- AIE (Alliance for International Education)
- AMCHAM (Amirian Chamber of Commerce
- AMIS (Association of Music in International School)
- ASCD (Association of Curriculum Development)
- CASE (Council of Advancement and Support in Education)
- CIS (Council of International Schools)
- ECIS (European Council of International Schools)
- IB (International Baccalaureate Organisation
- ISST (International Schools Sport Tournament)
- ISTA (International Schools theatre Association)
- MUN (Model United Nations)
- NEASC (New England Association of Schools and Colleges)
- NECIS (North East European Council of International Schools
- NESDA (New European Speech, Debate, and Acting Association)
- PTC (Principals Training Centre)
- VDP (Verband der deutsche Privatschulen).