ISD has been involved in supporting a partner school in Tanzania for over 25 years. Project Tanzania sees a team of ISD students and teachers visiting the Moringe Sokoine Secondary School (MSSS) in Monduli, Tanzania every June. Our students provide educational and financial support, and engage in a cultural exchange programme with the local school community in Monduli.
The current project, titled “PTZ 2.1”, is a year-long project involving fundraising as well as promoting and developing a curriculum for MSSS. In the summer, the team will embark on a two-week cultural exchange trip to Tanzania where they will focus on learning with and from secondary students at MSSS, sharing ideas and teaching each other, as well as teaching English classes to local elementary students.
The goals of PTZ 2.1. are to
- maintain a collaborative, mutually supportive and sustainable relationship between ISD and MSSS
- establish a sustainable model of sponsorship
- ensure that Project Tanzania is well known amongst the ISD community
- develop and expand partnerships with other schools in Tanzania
- establish processes of accountability and evaluation for the Project Tanzania programme